Clips & Clamps started in 1954 on Fitzpatrick Street in Detroit, Michigan. Since then we have been supplying reliable metal stampings, s-clips, brackets, washers, wire forms, welded product and assemblies to OEM and Tier 1 customers. We can respond to your requests rapidly and economically because we have the capability to design, engineer, prototype, tool and manufacture in-house. CCI offers effective solutions to even your most challenging needs.
|Original location on Fitzpatrick Street In Detroit, MI 1954||Our current location in Plymouth, MI|
We moved to our current location in 1985 and expanded the building in 1996 so we could add our 300 ton Minster press line and better serve our growing customer base. Around this same time we installed out first CATIA station allowing us to collaborate with OEM engineers and product designers.. In 1998 we purchased our first 4 axis CNC wire former. Now we have 4 wire forming cells with greatly expanded capabilities.. In 1999 we were QS 9000 certified and in 2005 we became ISO/TS 16949 registered.
Please call us today at (734) 455-0880 to schedule a tour of our facilities.
Estelle C. Dul formed Clips & Clamps in 1954 in Detroit as a metal stamping supplier to the automotive industry. As a young woman of 17 she began working various jobs primarily at manufacturing companies after completing her education at the Detroit College of Business in a bookkeeping and secretarial program. Some years later her father gave her a small loan that she used to become a partner in several manufacturing companies including Transmission and Gear of Detroit. In 1945, prior to her marriage to Alexander, she purchased Collord Corporation, a metal stamping company which held patents in neoprene coatings. In an effort to expand her business and concentrate specifically on metal forming Estelle established another company which today still stands strong as Clips & Clamps Industries.
Her husband, Alexander S. Dul, a builder by trade, built the original facility used by Clips & Clamps on Fitzpatrick Street in Detroit. Over time, Clips & Clamps purchased and annexed two other buildings adjacent to it as its needs expanded. In the early 1980’s, Estelle sold the business to her two daughters, Kathleen and Sandy. Kathleen began working in the business full time in 1982. In 1985, as the company expanded, the operations were moved to a new 25,000 sq. ft. building on Keel Street in Plymouth. Michael Aznavorian, Kathleen’s husband, left his position of Engine Design and Development at Ford Motor Company to join the firm in that year and was responsible for coordinating the move and eventually took over as General Manager.
The company has greatly enhanced its Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Information Technology Capabilities over the years. Today the company is capable of in house Product Design, Tooling Design, Gage Design, Tooling Build, Gage Build, Progressive Die Stamping, Compound Die Stamping, Strip and Wire Slideforming. CNC Wire Forming, Resistance Welding, Robotic MIG Welding, Automated Assembly and Packaging.
The company is still owned and operated by Kathleen Aznavorian, Michael Aznavorian and Sandy Mily. Michael and Kathleen’s son, Jeffrey Aznavorian, is the current Vice President General Manager and Chief Operating Officer.